AEG has been involved with more than 60 projects for local agencies in just the past five years alone, including ten bridge replacements/rehabilitations for Montgomery County
- Owner: Montgomery County, PA
- Location: Montgomery County, PA
About this Project
AEG has been involved with the following structures owned by the County in the past five years:
- County Bridge 44 Replacement
- County Bridge 56 Replacement
- County Bridge 119 Replacement
- County Bridge 77 Replacement
- County Bridge 162 Replacement
- Brownlie Road Bridge Replacement
- County Bridge 207 Superstructure Replacement
- County Bridge 274 Superstructure Replacement
- County Bridge 268 Superstructure Replacement
- Montgomery County Bridge 294 Pedestrian Structure
AEG provides surveying, geotechnical, environmental, and structural engineering services for these structures.
Field survey tasks include searching County courthouse records and obtaining owner names and addresses of all affected properties, preparing/distributing Letters of Intent to Enter, performing a PA One Call to have underground utilities marked in the field, recovering horizontal and vertical control points, performing topographic surveys, preparing a base plan to show the surveyed features, and performing an H&H survey. Geotechnical responsibilities involve report preparation, including the Subsurface Exploration Planning Submissions (SEPS) as well as the Structure Foundation Report. AEG is responsible for procuring, managing, and providing oversight of the subsurface investigation/boring, sampling, and testing program. Additional efforts include environmental studies, wetland studies, and environmental permitting. Our structural engineers oversee all structural engineering tasks, including in-depth bridge inspections, developing structural plans, and more.
All services and reports are performed and prepared in accordance with the corresponding PennDOT Publications.